Functions of SG Nodal Offices
Nodal Office means the offices which act as interface between the subscribers and the central recordkeeping agency and shall include the Directorate of Treasuries and Accounts (DTA), District Treasury Offices (DTO) and Drawing & Disbursing Office (DDO) under the State Government .
State Government hierarchy of Nodal Offices
1. Drawing and Disbursing OfficerDistrict Treasury Offices (DTO) or the central recordkeeping agency on behalf of the subscribers for the purpose of the National Pension System;
Functions of DDO:
DDO will collect all the registration forms and forward it CRA for registration of the same. Further, it will also send the change request forms from the Subscribers and forward it to DTO for updation in NPSCAN system. However, DDO shall have various other functions as mentioned below:
- Obtain the duly filled Application for allotment of PRAN from the subscribers, fill and certify the employment details.
- Consolidate Application for allotment of PRAN and forward it to DTO.
- Distribution of PRAN kit, I-Pin, T-Pin to Subscribers.
- Forward the Switch requests, New Scheme Preference requests, Change in subscriber details request, Withdrawal Requests received from Subscribers to the DTO.
- Providing information to DTO about Subscribers’ pension contribution.
- Forward the grievance of the subscriber to the DTO.
DDO shall register itself with CRA before it starts providing various services to the Subscribers. For registering itself in CRA system, DDO shall forward the applications for registration to the concerned DTO.
2. District Treasury Offices (DTO) - DTO under the State Government are responsible for maintaining the contribution details for subscribers covered under National Pension System
Functions of DTO
DTO will be responsible for carrying out the following activities:
- Consolidate DDO registration form and forward it to CRA for registration.
- Facilitate registration of Subscribers by consolidating the Application for allotment of PRAN received from the concerned DDO and forward it to the CRA - F.C.
- Upload Subscriber Contribution File (SCF) to NPSCAN system. SCF will contain subscriber wise details of pension contribution such as PRAN, Pay month and year, Subscriber Contribution amount and Government Contribution amount etc.
- Ddeposit the contribution amount in the Trustee Bank as per the SCF uploaded in NPSCAN. This contribution amount will be invested in various schemes of PFM, based on the Scheme Preference of Subscribers for which SCF has been uploaded.
- Update through NPSCAN, the Switch requests, New Scheme Preference requests, Withdrawal Requests, the request for change in subscriber details received from Subscribers
- Raise grievance on behalf of DDO and the subscriber.
- Resolve the grievance raised against it by any entities in the CRA system.
However, before performing the above-mentioned functions, DTO shall have to register itself with CRA. For registering itself in CRA system, DTO shall forward the applications for registration to the concerned DTA.
3. Directorate of Treasuries and Accounts (DTA)-A DTA will have several functions in the NPS. However, most of them will be in the nature of monitoring the performances of the Nodal offices under its jurisdiction. CRA will send various alerts to DTA to facilitate it to carry out the role of a supervisory entity.
Functions of DTA:
DTA will be responsible for carrying out the following activities.
- Consolidate DTO registration form and forward it to CRA for registration
- Monitor performance of DTO and DDO in discharging their responsibilities in CRA system.
- Monitor the resolution of grievances raised against DTO.
- Take necessary action to ensure compliance of DTO and DDO with the operational procedures of CRA system
DTA, in its capacity of a Nodal Office shall register itself with CRA. Further, DTA will send the registration applications of the DTOs attached to it to CRA.