Functions of Custodian
Custodian shall provide services for safe keeping of securities or assets held under the National Pension System or any other pension scheme and providing services incidental thereto and includes:-
- Maintaining accounts of securities or assets held;
- Undertaking activities as a Domestic Depository in terms of the Depositories Act, 1996 or as permitted by the Securities and Exchange Board of India.
- Collecting the benefits or rights accruing on the securities or assets.
- Informing about the actions taken or to be taken by the issuer of the securities, having a bearing on the benefits or rights accruing on the securities or assets held; and
- Maintaining and reconciling records of the services.